Hyundai has launched the sixth-generation Elantra in India at an introductory price of Rs 12.99 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). Presently, the Elantra competes with sedans such as the Toyota Corolla Altis, the Volkswagen Jetta, the Chevrolet Cruze, and the Skoda Octavia.
The prices of the Elantra petrol start at around Rs 12.99 lakh, while the top-of-the-line diesel automatic costs Rs 19.99 lakh (all ex-showroom, Delhi).
Mechanically, the Elantra comes with two engine options – a 2.0-litre VTVT petrol and a 1.6-litre CRDi diesel. The 1,999cc petrol puts out 152PS at 6,200rpm and 178Nm of max torque at 4,700rpm.
The 1,582cc diesel produces 128PS at 4,000rpm and 260Nm of peak torque in between 1,900-2,750rpm.
YOU CAN BOOK ELANTRA AT A TOKEN AMOUNT OF AROUND Rs 25,000
- Price- 12.99 – 19.3 Lakh*
- Top speed-191 Kmph
- No. of Cylinders-4
- Color- Available in 5 color
- Red Passion
- Sleek Silver
- Marina Blue
- Polar White
- Engine Description-1.6-litre 126.2bhp 16V VGT Diesel Engine
THINGS WE LIKE IN ELANTRA:
- Fluidic design is clean and crisp. Turns a lot of heads.
- Feature packed – projector headlamps with daytime running lamps, 16-inch alloy wheels, sunroof etc.
- 2.0-litre petrol engine is super silent and refined
- Six-speed automatic transmission is quick to shift, gear changes are smooth as well.
- Comfortable ride quality, best-suited for the chauffeur driven.
THINGS WE DON’T LIKE IN ELANTRA:
- Not for the enthusiast. 1.6-litre diesel feels underpowered compared to immediate rivals
- Hard plastics used on the interior buttons and switches feel out of place in an otherwise premium interior
- Under-thigh support in the rear bench could have been better. Headroom is slightly compromised due to the sloping roofline as well
- Most feel-good features limited to top-end variant only
STAND OUT FEATURES:
8-inch touchscreen audio systeam gets Apple only in car in it’s class to feature ventilated seats.An Hands free boot release carplay and Android Auto 6-speaker sound system absolute boon in the summer tweaked by Arkamys sounds good to
ALSO READ-http://2017 DODGE VIPER SHOWN: